Today’s word is:
Self Deception –
The action or practice of allowing oneself to believe that a false or unvalidated feeling, idea, or situation is true.
Self Deceptive Behavior:
- Not expressing your authentic feelings, opinions, or intentions.
- Passively avoiding reacting because of reaction.
- Not speaking up for ourselves.
- Not enforcing our boundaries.
- Not being honest and accepting where you currently are in your journey.
- Behaving is a manner which is foreign, uncomfortable, or unlike you.
- Pretending to be more naive than you are.
- Pretending to be more aware than you are.
Things to remember about Self Deception:
Self Deception is one of the heaviest feelings I’ve ever experienced.
It makes you feel anxious, insecure, afraid, and sometimes physically ill.
We must strive to be authentic in our actions, expressions, feelings, intentions, and motives. This is how we stay aligned and true to ourselves.
We aren’t fooling anyone, not even ourselves, when we fail to be honest about who we are, what we want, and where we are.
Be true to yourself.
Be honest with yourself.
Be free to be who you are.